Sunday, February 10, 2008
Sunday Morning Pancakes
Spur of the moment I decided that hot chocolate was not enough this morning. I was in the mood for some big fluffy pancakes. I picked the first recipe I came across and this is what I got. I have to admit that I had no milk this morning so I subbed half and half that I watered down a little bit (weird I know but I was craving pancakes and I didn't want to go to the store). I couldn't believe how much these pancakes puffed up! They were super thick and delicious. I think I would have had better results if I used an actual griddle, but we don't have one so a family size skillet had to work. I also cut the recipe in half so I wouldn't have left overs and I wish I wouldn't have. Allrecipes.com says serving size "10", but really they mean 10 pancakes not servings. Below I have the recipe in it's original form, since I wouldn't half it if I made it again.
Clark Gable Pancakes
(recipe source: allrecipes.com)
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons baking powder (this is really too much I used less)
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 cup milk (i had that weird substitute of half and half and water)
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* I also added about a tbsp of sugar
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the egg, milk, and oil. Add flour, baking powder and salt, mix until smooth.
2. Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake on hot, oiled griddle. Turn when golden brown. Serve hot.