Saturday, August 11, 2007
Hershey's Best Brownie
I am always in search of a new and delicious brownie. I don't know how I have never tried this classic recipe but I haven't. This brownie turned out great. I didn't have a square pan so I just used a round one and cut it into pie shape and drizzled with chocolate syrup. Mmm that was good, the only thing it was missing was ice cream. I might be running to the store :)..........
(Recipe Courtesy of Hershey's Kitchens)
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup chopped nuts(optional)
* CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING(recipe follows) (I omitted this, I prefer my brownies with out frosting)
* I also added about 2 tbsp of hershey's chocolate syrup and 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING; spread over brownies. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.